World’s Smallest Size “micro DC/DC” converters with Integrated Coil. Ultra-small, ultra-low profile package (2.25 × 1.5, h=0.75mm MAX) 0.4A / 0.7A step-down
TOREX newly released XCL223/XCL224 series are ultra-small (outer dimensions: 2.25mm x 1.5mm x h0.75mm) step-down micro DC/DC converters with an integrated coil and control IC. These converters feature a small size and low profile that are the smallest in the world for a 0.4A/0.7A output current type.
A power circuit can be created by simply adding two ceramic capacitors, contributing to conservation of board space and shortening of development time. In addition, an internal coil simplifies the board layout and makes it possible to minimize unwanted radiation noise and circuit operation trouble.
The operating voltage range is 2.7V to 5.5V, and 0.8 to 3.6V can be selected for the output voltage in steps of 0.05V (accuracy ±2.0%). The switching frequency is 3.0MHz, and either PWM control (XCL223) or PWM/PFM auto switching control (XCL224) can be selected for the control method.
- Step-down DC/DC converters with integrated coil are the smallest in the world in the 0.4A / 0.7A output current class.
- High speed transient response.
- Can be used for applications such as optical devices, portable devices, and digital devices.
- High efficiency (90%: 4.2V⇒3.3V, at 300mA)
- Ideal for reducing PCB mounting space by miniaturization